Need New Window Springs (or whatever they are called? balances?)

A home owner from Fairfax, VA says:
Hi:

The builder of this development (Centex) had utilized Barber and Ross windows (now a defunct company). The springs are all going bad. In this particular window, the entire window frame measures about 64 inches by a litle more than 33 1/2 inches. The Spring is probably 29 inches, but some of the actual spring broke off and is now gone. Please see pics. Help! :). I will need to replace multiple springs on multiple windows once I have this down. Note: I have other size windows as well, but wanted to start/learn on this particular window.

Thanks,

Mark
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you could use our S600-29 spiral balance. Give it a look and see what you think.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.