SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need Replacement Balance

A quick learner from Florida says:
Please identify the balance needed. I will need to replace both sides. The measurements are 37" long with a 1/2" width. Pictures are attached. Please respond.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Before I can recommend anything, can you tell me the weight of your window sash?
Hi,
Sorry, I thought that what the numbers stamped on the balance were supposed to identify. The window or sash weighs approximately 25 pounds. The stamped numbers on the balance were given in the original posting in a photo.
Profile picture of Tom
Usually the stamps do help us determine what option you need, but 3635 is a peculiar one. I just wanted to confirm your sash weight before I suggest anything.

Knowing that your weight is 25 pounds, I recommend our S380-37 channel balance with a 3640 option. Two balances with this option can carry a window sash weight of 23 through 30 pounds. Check it out and see if you agree.
Thanks. I will order them today. Do they come with the top and bottom plastic attachments?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, our balances come with everything shown in their pictures.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)