SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need Replacement Coil Balance, Std Support and Pivot Shoe

A quick learner from Commack, Long Island, NY says:
See attached. Simonton windows have broken coil balance and other parts. Want new all around. Two REPLACEMENT windows effected. Sizes 32w x 33h and 36w x 45h. I can't find the exact coil in your inventory. Need at least one pivot shoe. I have attached photos with ruler next to them. Thanks for your help. Model of windows may be Bryn Mawr from Certainteed/Simonton.
Allen Halegua
User submitted photos of a coil window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This pivot shoe looks like our 15-177. Do you agree? They changed its design since they made the model you have. Instead of hooking in the spring, you now screw it on with a #6 X 3/8" pan head screw, like our 33-071.

Now, there should be a number printed on you coil springs near the end that attaches to the pivot shoe. From the measurements of your sashes, The 32" x 33" would be our S152-6 and the 36" x 45" would require two springs per side, an S152-8 and an S152-9. See our video on coil spring balances.

For further information and let me know what you think of my recommendations.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)