SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need Replacement Parts

A home owner from Cape Canaveral, Florida says:
Outside mechanism for sliding glass door broke off of the door. The part to which handle and lock are screwed just broke apart at the weld where the screws from the inside attach. The inside mechanism is still working. However the lock has not been working properly - think a spring may be missing? The attachment screws are 3 and 15/16ths apart, and the door depth is 1 9/16ths (probably 1 5/8ths). We need a new exterior handle and locking mechanism, but I'm not sure which parts we need.
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
How about our 82-074? This resembles your original hardware, has a hole spacing of 3-15/16", and is meant for doors that are 1-5/8" thick. See what you think.
A home owner from Cape Canaveral, FL says:
That looks like it might work. Our door slides left to right - the handle can just be unscrewed and flipped? Also, can we still use our wooden handle indoors if we choose to do so?

Do we need a mortise locking mechanism as well, or is that included? Ours is looking a bit worn and rusty. If so, which one? I've added a picture of that. It looks like the measurement on 82-218 match up. Does that sound right?

One final question - if something we order is not right, can we return it?

User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The mortise lock is not included with the handle, so it will have to be purchased separately. It might be a good idea to replace it if you find that it doesn't operate as well as it once did. I also agree that the 82-218 is a match, especially if the measurements match up. See the video below for instructions on how to replace.
You can return anything that doesn't fit. See our Return Policy for more information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)