Need Some Help

A quick learner from Lakewood says:
First off thank you very much for providing this service of helping people identity window parts. Both this site and your youtube videos have helped me gain an understanding about all this.

I have recently bough a house and unfortunately some windows have an issue with the pivot bars and locks since the pivot bars are all rusted and some are broken due to the rust. I watched the youtube videos on how to replace a spiral balance, a pivot bar and the pivot shoe and I wanted to take measurements of the bar and the balance but all I managed to get is that the spiral balance is a red tip, 9/16 in diameter and 29 in in length.

The pivot bar would not come out. In the PivotBar1.jpg that's a top view of how the bar looks when it's still screwed into the frame. I unscrewed that screw you see in the photo and I could not pull out that pivot bar. I tried wiggling it out with needle-nose pliers and pulling it out to no avail. I tried treating it with some LPS rust spray and it did not free it either. I pulled on it with a good amount of strength and I'm not sure why the bar is not coming out. Do I have to cut into the frame so the frame looks like the frame in this video:

https://youtu.be/iitLgzP96U4?t=32

If so what tools would you recommend for cutting into the frame and if not is there a step that I am missing? I have also included a second picture of the pivotbar in pivotbar2.jpg which shows the the bar looks like N or upside U shape. Would you be able to identify the bar from these photos?

I took a photo of the pivot shoe as well to show you what type of shoe I believe I will need as well. I need to replace the shoes as well since some of the shoes have pieces of the pivot bar in them in the windows since the pivot bars broke off.

Thank you very much!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. You have a Silverline vinyl window that uses an S600-29 spiral balance. We carry the new style pivot shoe, the 15-046. It's a little different from yours but should still work. The pivot bar they used is our 26-040. Carefully go over this hardware to confirm they match.

To remove the rusted pivot bar, continue soaking the bar with WD-40, remove the screw and tap the bar in slightly with a hammer to loosen it, then try pulling it with pliers. If it doesn't work after some hours, try some heat using a hair drier. You must be very careful doing this, though, as you could warp the frame permanently. You may want the help of a professional. We don't advise cutting the frame at all.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.