SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need Velux operator part

A professional from CHicago, IL says:
Please tell me if you have the part I need. It's for a Velux operable skylight, it's the part that the hook slides on to in order to crank the skylight open. I need two of them.
User submitted photos of a skylight operator hook.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Check out our 39-551, this looks like what you have pictured here. If you just want the adapter, see our 39-550 instead.
A handy person says:
Hi, I have a similar problem although I have the hook (39-551) to open my skylight.

My question is: how can I take out the broken piece of the operator adapter (39-550) that has remained inside the roof vent operator (39-405)?
Thank you in advance for your help.
User submitted a photo of a skylight operator hook.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi, They are extremely difficult to remove from the operator. If you really need to remove it, attach the 39-551 hook and pull with a lot of force.

If the adapter broke in a way where the hook can no longer attach, unfortunately you will need to replace the entire operator. For an adapter that broke inside the operator there is no way to get it out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)