Need Window Balance

A quick learner from Valencia, CA says:
I would like to order new window balance. The old window balance is 32 5/8" long. I need an S380 type. The channel width is 1/2". The square hole in the jamb that the terminal clip goes in is 36" from the bottom of the window and 34" from the top of the window. Can someone assist me with placing this order?

Thanks.
Andy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello Andy, thank you for contacting us.

Can you give us the length of the metal channel only? Also, please give us any markings you find on the balance.
Hello Mike, That's just it. The length of the metal channel only is 32 5/8 inches. I studied the top and bottom plastic parts and the S380 matches perfectly except for the length of the metal channel. The only thing that is stamped on the metal channel is the number 32 3 then BS1 is stamped vertical then a tiny 0D stamped horizontally. I attached a picture of the stamp. I hope this helps. Thanks. Andy
User submitted photo of balance writing
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Andy,
Channel balances are only available on the full inch;
I'm not sure if 33" or 32" would be better for a replacement.
The 32 3 stamp translates to 3230 stamp option, found on the 33" length balance.
If you prefer to try the 32" length, choose stamp option 3130.

33" Series 380 with stamp 3230 will carry a window sash weight range of 18 through 23 lbs.
32" Series 380 with stamp 3130 will carry a window sash weigth range of 16 through 23 lbs.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Hi Donna, Thank you very much for the information and getting back to me. I'm going to order the 32" S380. I'm afraid the 33" will be too long.

Thanks again.

Andy
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.