SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need Window balance

A home owner from Mesa, AZ says:
28" Window balance is for an Alenco double hung window that's about 13 years old. Metal part of the balance is 28". Balance + guides is 29". Balance has hemmed edges, measures 9/16 across the bottom of the channel and 5/8 on the side of the channel. Markings are 2730, also has a BSI and DL stamp. Top guide has wings and no wings on the bottom guide. Can you help me find the correct balance for my window?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to figure out what your bottom shoe is. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?
A home owner from Mesa, AZ says:
This is the original message I sent you. Some important info was deleted when the discussion was posted.
Can you help me get the correct balance assembly for my 13 year old Alenco windows? I have included some pictures to help. The channel is 9/16" across the bottom and 5/8" on the side with hemmed edges. The bottom guide measures the same as 15-001. The top guide measures the same as 19-002, except it measures 9/16" across the top and has guide wings that measure 15/16" across. The channel is 28" long, 29" with the guides. The stamp is 2730 BSI DL.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Take a look at the S395-28 with the option 2730. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)