SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need a masterview latch or equivelent

A home owner from Phoenix, AZ says:
I hope you can help? I need masterview latch or equivelent in (black). center holes are 2-1/4. The leaver is 1/8 thick, and flush on the bottom. whole latch is 3/8 thick/high. screw holes are 3/8 inch center. looks like 90-005. Can you confirm Mike J
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I do not know if Masterview windows used the 90-005 window lock or not. Make sure you take a look at this discussion about the difference between the levers of the 90-005 and 90-009. The lever of the 90-005 at the thickest part is 1/8" thick.
A quick learner from Phoenix, AZ says:
Regarding the 90-005, could you please tell me what the length of the tongue is when latched? I also have Masterview windows and the 90-009 tongue appears in the pics to be too long.

Thanks
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The tongue on the 90-005 measures approximately 3/8" away from the base when latched. Please see the image below.
alternate measurement of 90-005 showing length of lock past base
A quick learner from Phoenix, AZ says:
Thanks Mike.

Would you have a product with similar physical dimensions but a 1/4" tongue?

Thanks
Profile picture of Mike
You may want to take a look at the 90-097 Lock and Keeper Set. The tongue extends 1/4" from the base. The locker is deeper overall, but the screw holes are the same distance from the back of the base as the 90-005 (3/8").
A quick learner from phoenix, az says:
we are looking for a masterview lock and the tongue looks to be 1/4 to 5/16". Which lock would fit these sizes? Someone said to just use a metal saw and cut the tongue down to size which we would rather not do.Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Mike
I would begin by taking a look at the Swisco 90-097 Window Lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)