Need a new folding window crank handle.

A home owner from Orlando, Florida says:
This was broken due to force. It is a folding handle and I have no clue what parts I need. There is a spring, a pin, a piece of plastic and a black metal housing that fits over the sprocket on the window opener. The handle is stamped "2108" and I read on your website - "The Folding crank handle 39-205 is a perfect replacement for this 2108 window handle." But I don't think I merely need the handle. Thanks.
User submitted photo of their window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Looks like your window has a spline size of 11/32", so I think the 39-205 is a good place to start. I don't see why you would have to replace the whole operator, though. It seems that only the handle spline is broken. Do you feel that your operator isn't working properly regardless of the handle condition?
A home owner from Orlando, Florida says:
Hi, I don't know how the piece of plastic and the spring are used to assemble the folding handle, and the pin is in bad shape. Is there an assembled folding handle unit that I can just attach to the window spline without having to reattach the parts I have to just a new handle?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
All the broken pieces I see in the pictures above came off the handle itself. I don't see anything that has fallen off the operator, so replacing just the handle should do it. Our 39-205 comes with all that pre-attached. See the image below for reference.
Alternate image for 39-205
Alternate image for 39-205
Can you confirm that nothing fell off the operator? If you aren't sure, look at a working handle/operator combo on another window in your house to see how they're set up.
A home owner from Orlando, FL says:
Thanks, after looking at a working operator on another window, I see I just need the handle. I'll just order 39-205. Any chance these are available in steel instead of aluminum? The problem with the operator I have is that the operator arm that closes the window is so close to the window hinge that it takes a lot of torque to close the window, hence the handle breaking. Poor design by the manufacturer (not you, I know). Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid these are not available in steel. You can try some white grease on the all the joints of the operator and hinges to take some of the pressure off in opening and closing the window. I've had a similar problem in the past and that seemed to help.
A quick learner from Orlando, FL says:
Thanks for your help, this is exactly what I needed. I'm going to clean and lube the tracks and joints as you said, I'm sure that will prevent another breakage.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.