Need a pivot shoe

A handy person from Pittsburgh, PA says:
The shoes on all of my windows have broken. I am not sure how they were originally attached. See photos.
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Please take a look at our 15-015 Pivot Shoe. Does this appear to match your hardware? Compare its dimensions to your own shoe and let me know.
A handy person from Pittsburgh, PA says:
It looks like that might fit. I was wondering, could I also use the 15-152 shoe? It seems like that one might be more durable with the metal cam.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I do not recommend using the 15-152. While its cam is metal, you can see by comparing the two that the cam holes are of different shapes. Besides that, they are made for different types of balances--15-152 is meant for block and tackle balances, while the 15-015 is meant for spiral balances, like your own.

Durability shouldn't be an issue, though. I think the reason why yours broke was simply because it was fairly old and brittle.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.