Need a replacement handle and opening mechanism.

A quick learner from Wadsworth, Ohio says:
This window is from 2008 or so. The handle doesn't fit in the mechanism well anymore and it looks like both the male hex end and female end of mechanism is worn. Can you recommend a replacement where the handle will lock in and work better? The handle number looks like OP-05-7810 and the mechanism looks like OP-05-7564. Thanks
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure! If only the handle is worn, you could consider our 39-226 hex spline replacement handle. If the operator is worn, you may need a new operator entirely. If you're in for a quick fix, you could consider wrapping the hex spline on the old handle with tape to pack it out. I've done this before in the past and it worked surprisingly well.
A quick learner from Wadsworth, Ohio says:
Ok, well I want to replace the handle and operator. What part numbers should those be?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Gotcha. There are a couple different possibilities. I would start with the 39-329 and 39-330. Carefully compare our pictures and measurements to your own operator to confirm that they match. You would also need a new handle, since these operators use a different style spline. See the 39-205.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.