SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need a replacement lock set for patio door

A quick learner from Staten Island, NY says:
Hi, I have a patio door lock, can't identify the brand, where everything but the piece of lock that goes inside the door is missing.

This piece that I have a picture of is measured 4" long from tip to tip by 0.5" wide (part that goes inside the door is 3.25" long by 0.5" wide).

I am looking for entire set for replacement(lock handles, catch, etc.)

Thank you.
User submitted a photo of a patio door lock.
2300-1051-2
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Please check out our 82-218 and see how this compares to the hardware shown in your image. As for your handle set, I can't match it based on this lock alone. Could I see some pictures of your existing hardware? That will help us determine what you need.
Hello, problem is I don't have existing handle set.
I looked through entire door, could not find the brand name. Are the logo and the number on the lock do not provide info as to who the manufacturer is?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. This lock can be used with many different handle sets, so even knowing who manufactured this lock wouldn't be that big of a help.

How about this: what is the distance between the screw hole centers for where your handle set was installed? That may help us determine a substitute.
the distance between screw hole centers is 3 15/16".
Profile picture of Tom
Hmmm, okay. I have a couple suggestions you can look at. Check out our 82-031, 82-035, or 82-069 and see if any of these could work as a replacement.
So, lets say I take 82-035, I'll need a new mortise lock and a catch, right?
Profile picture of Tom
If your mortise lock and its keeper are in good condition I don't think you will need to replace them. Are they worn down or malfunctioning in any way?
lock seem to function ok, but keeper is missing.
Profile picture of Tom
We have a couple keepers that could work with the 82-218, as well. You can see them listed under its Related Item(s) section. Check out our 89-020, 89-021, or 89-021D and see which would be a better match for your door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)