Need advice for removal of weatherstrip removal and install

A handy person from Whiting NJ says:
I plan to refresh 20 windows and experimenting with first. I have determined I require the flowing for each window.
1) 5 sections of pile weatherstripping 3/16 x 1/4
2) .187 T-slot foam filled bulb

I need advice for removal of pile weatherstrip section where it interlocks top sash. It seems to be glued or stuck over time. Any advice for removal as I have to cut it out where I can or is there a better way. My concern is how to install new section after removal, please see photo showing interlock. The interlock makes it difficult to use a tool.

Thanks
George
User submitted photos of wool pile.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looks like you have welded vinyl window sashes. To remove the wool pile and foam bulb weatherstripping, you will need to get a utility knife and make a very small slice on the track where the weatherstripping slides, specifically at one of the corners. That will let you slide out the old seal. Just be very careful, as you only want enough to slide them out. You do not want to damage the sash or have the new weatherstrip fall out once it's installed.
A handy person from Whiting NJ says:
Thanks Paul. Removal of all the wool pile and foam bulb are a breeze with exception of the top interlocking area as explained in my first post and shown in the photos. This wool pile is not fabricated the same way as the other edges, this top interlocking area does not have the hard plastic backed slide-able wool pile as the others, pushing on it or scraping it, just destroys it. It seems to have a fabric backing and easily disintegrates when scraped.

Since the top pile and interlock is where most of the air infiltration occurs i.e. pollen/dust, as an alternative and not removing this top pile I inserted a rubber round weather strip and adhesive back as a test. Closing the window creates a very nice weather seal.
Do you have any further suggestions to addressing this issue of the interlock area of the two sashes? Please see attached photos.

Thank you
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Wool pile, in some cases, will have a fabric backing instead of plastic, but you should still be able to slide this through the groove. Our 58-127 wool pile does have a plastic backing.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.