SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need comparable replacement weatherstripping

A home owner from Binghamton, NY says:
I have 12 year old Jeld Wen windows (Caradco - although they have a sticker in the frame that reads Jel-N 203). The seals went bad 2 years ago, and I'm finally getting around to replacing them. The attached image shows 2 seals, 1 hollow and 1 foam filled. I've put the corresponding dimensions under the pictures. They fit in slots in the window frame that I measured at roughly 1/8" (.110-.125). The foam filled one sits on the top and bottom of the panes to seal the panes to the window frame. The hollow goes between the casements to seal when the windows are shut. Although the dimensions don't necessarily show it, the shape is lopsided (egg-like). Can you recommend a specific weather seal that will replace these? Thank You!
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Closest we carry to your samples are our 58-053 and 58-055 bubble. Could you get either of these to work in your window for both samples?
A home owner from Binghamton says:
I believe the 58-053 will work in place of the open bubble design. I was thinking of using the 58-170 foam filled for the bottom and top seals to replace the right hand foam filled strip.

I'm mostly looking for an opinion on the 58-170 before I order it. Do you believe that's a viable alternative for me?

Thank you,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, that is another possible replacement. Just keep in mind that it's not that much bigger than the 58-053.
A home owner from Binghamton says:
The size differences are comparable with what the manufacturer put into the windows in the first place. I'm mostly trying to mimic the same initial design that the manufacturer did. The original seals held up for 10 years, so I'm hoping to get a similar life cycle out of these.

Thank You,
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)