SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need compression seal that can fit into steel frame

A home owner from Andover, NJ says:
I am looking for a jamb/head door wheather seal like the # 58-056 product above in white that can be stuck to the frame. I have a thicker dr. stop and don't want to remove it. There is no grove to accept this type of application. Lowes sells what I need affixed to a thin wood door stop. If I could find this product with a thicker wood stop or glue it to the frame it would work. I have a steel dr. and wood frame. Any ideas?

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Hello Gary, thank you for posting.

I believe you should take a look at the Swisco 58-169 Foam Seal. This particular seal has a nailing flange and can be used with wood doors.
A home owner from Santa Clarita, CA says:

I have a double front door, one of which opens, and the other locks to the frame with two rods that slide into the jamb top and bottom. The weatherstripping was built into the metal frame of the door that locks in place, but has disintegrated and must be replaced, but dang...I can't seem to find something that will fit it. It looks like I'll have to remove the metal frame on the locking door and find something to replace it. Any ideas which product might work best? Please check out the photos, and thanks for your time.

User submitted photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Chris, thank you for submitting your photos. Can you submit a profile image of your weatherstripping? This would be the best way for us to accurately identify a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)