Need flush mount latch with real pulls inside and out for sliding glass door

A home owner from Texas says:
I'm trying to replace a broken door latch for sliding glass door for my mom, who is disabled. So the very important issue is needing a pull on both sides of the door. That tiny inset to put your fingers in doesn't count as a pull.

The old one was a flush mount with an extended wooden pull on the inside. The dimensions of the punch out are 7 1/4" tall x 3/4" wide. C to C spacing seems to be 6 1/2", but think 6 5/8" would work too. The door is 1 1/16" deep. It also appears that a small portion the edge of the flush mount latch slid into the door jamb, ruling out thicker replacements.

I need help locating one with real pulls on both sides of the door, or an alternative solution for adding a pull on the outside.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The lock you have looks like our 82-002. If you agree, then the interior wood pull for that is our 88-002. However, they don't make an exterior handle for this kind of patio door. If you're handy, you can try to rig something up. Look at our 88-013. I think you may be able to file down the back screw ways, which would make the handle sit flat, and then screw it on the door either above or below the lock set. Please be careful not to drill into the glass, though. Please also note that the new outside handle might interfere with the screen door. Like I said, these doors aren't meant to have outside pulls, so you may run into complications if you try to go that route.
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.