SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need full handle assembly including mortise lock

A quick learner from Collegeville, PA says:
My back patio door was broken into and I would like to order the whole handle assembly including the internal locking mechanism. I thought the door is an Ameican craftsman but the parts ordered just came in and they are wrong and didn't even have the locking mechanism. I heard of your site through an acquaintance and tought I'd try. I attached pictures so hopefully you can help!!
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! We may be able to help with this, yes. For the inside mortise lock, check out our 82-218, which appears similar. I'm less certain about the handle, though. Can you confirm the distance between the screw holes, center-to-center?
I measured and took some more pictures. It looks like the bolts are about 4" exactly, center to center. Included is also a picture of the extra screen door that was in my basement when I moved in 2 years ago. It looks like an American craftsman 5500 series, but when I went to home depot to order the handle, it came in and did not look right at all, not to mention the mortise lock wasn't included.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We don't have anything that is 4" exactly, but our 82-069 is 3-15/16". I would double check your dimensions just to see if you could maybe use that.
Now that I look at my own picture closer, it actually could be 3 15/16", that would make the difference. The handle model you show actually looks just like the one Home Depot ordered. Maybe American Craftsman updated the look? Either way, I actually like the handle now, I just need to clean it up a bit. I will go ahead and order the mortise lock from your site and hopefully that will be all I need.

Thanks again for your help Tom,

Vic
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)