SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need help identifying this balance

A handy person from Mesa, Arizona says:
I have a 13 year old house and I have no idea who the window manufacturer was. Here's a picture showing the model number? of a balance I removed from one of the windows. I have additional pictures of base and top plastic/nylon connectors if needed. I not yet weighed the sash, but I can if needed.

I would like to buy 6 replacements. Can you please recommend an appropriate replacement.

Thanks - Mark
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This is not the model number, it's just the stamp. All it tells us is the strength of the spring and the length of the metal channel (35"). I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from Mesa Arizona says:
I visited the home page and ended up with the following identification:

Channel width = 1/2"
Channel length = 35"
Series 395 with 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom

Based on your previous comment about the stamp on the channel of the old balance indicating spring strength, how would I pick a new part to order with a comparable or identical spring strength (what part number would I order)?

Thanks - Mark
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like you have an S395-35 channel balance with a 3440 option. Please review this hardware and let me know if you agree.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)