SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need help replacing 39-253R

A home owner from Colorado says:
Can see Truth stamped on long arm, believe this is 39-253R (measures right at 4 7/8 on short arm). Can see how by unscrewing track, the long arm can be detached. Not apparent how short arm is removed (does it snap in place, do I remove screw on that side too?) Will new part come with instructions explaining? I'd like to think I'm fairly handy.

Also, not apparent how existing handle would detach. Should I just plan on buying new handles, the plastic glide, etc?

Just looking for reassurance, and advice, have five to replace.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thanks for contacting us. The arms should just pop off, yes. The two handles that can work with the 39-253R, 39-114L and 39-205, will also just snap on. I also think getting that track guide will be a good idea. Check out our 39-529.
A home owner from Colorado says:
Received the five casement replacements today, they were very easy to replace. Thank you SWISCO, and for recommending to put new track sliders on the end. Originally was wondering, how does short arm "unhook" (would I have to take the metal ring off the post). Answer is no, just use flathead screwdriver, little twist and the arm pops off (the ring remains on the post). VERY EASY. Just eight screws. Again, thank you... I'll be sending my neighbors your way (we all have the same problem).
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Awesome! Thank you so much for recommending us. Let me know if you need anything else in the future, I'd be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)