SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need help with window parts identification and replacement

A quick learner from USA says:
Someone on your phone suggested I send pics along with dimensions of what I'm looking for.

Attached are three pictures of the parts and placement. The type of latch (if needed for window identification) is seen very fuzzy on the 2nd pic. I'm looking for replacement window rollers and axles.

The wheel and axle are missing on one side, and totally chewed up on the other. The dimensions I have are best guess, as I don't have a micrometer.

Wheel and axle appear to be steel.

Wheel dimensions are 5/8"diameter x 3/16" thick with what should appear be a 1/8" thick axle hole (as determined by a part of the axle that wasn't chewed up.

Axle dimensions are 13/16" long x 1/8" diameter shaft.

I saw nylon approximations on your site for the wheel or shaft, but don't know if they can replace what goes here.

As best I Can guess, home was built in the mid to late 80's.

I need to get 4 of each piece.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I haven't been able to find a metal wheel and axle like yours, I'm afraid. Our 87-130 wheel matches your dimensions, but it is nylon and we do not have an axle that goes with it. Check a local hardware store and see if you can cut down a 1/8" steel bar as a makeshift axle for this wheel. Could that work for you?
A quick learner from Loomis, CA says:
I'm not sure if that will work as the large thin head on that post serves as a "depth gauge" or depth limiting device, but also serves as a slide guide in the channel. I've noticed in other Windows that it rotates with the metal wheel.

That doesn't seem proper to do that.

Any idea on the manufacturer of the window so that I could possibly try via them?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The only thing I can tell is that you have a thermal break window. Do you see an AAMA sticker anywhere? That may give us a clue.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)