SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need mortise lock

A quick learner from Altamonte Springs says:
Part #060-1943. I have the door handles but the interior latch portion broke. I need a replacement. Can I buy just the latch or do I need the entire unit. I don't know the part number for the latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not familiar with that number, I'm afraid. Please send us a few photos and provide me with detailed dimensions, specifically the hole spacing. Thanks!
A quick learner from altamonte springs says:
I can't send photos a the lock/latch unit is 3 feet down at the bottom of the inside of sliding glass door!!!! the opening that it fits in is 1/2"wide; 3 1/4 long (that's tight) and the screw holes are 3 5/8" apart. The door is probably 16 -18 years old so the part number is old. Help!! I've got a stick in the door as a "lock" and have to pry the door open to go in and out!!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. That is a problem then. Those dimensions are very helpful, though. I wonder if our 82-218 is a match. Look it over and see what you think. Make sure to double check your dimensions. Also see this video on how to install it without having it fall in the door.
A quick learner from Altamonte Spring says:
I have photos and dimensions to send to you. What email address can I use?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can upload them directly to this thread. That is the fastest and most convenient option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)