SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need new Cranking Window Hardware for Caradco old Window Casement - Part 1

A quick learner from 55125 says:
I have an old house with a old casement window made by Caradco. It will not crank close anymore. I think it is striped. Need new Hardware for it.
Attached 4-5 pictures. I will send more. Thanks Robert
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I would start by looking at our 39-013 and 39-014 and seeing if either of these are a match. Just make sure the style and dimensions are the same.
A quick learner from Woodbury says:
Hi,

39-013 and 39-014 will not work. Notice there are 2 instead of 1 piece of metal attached to the window to crank.

Any other ideas?

RT
Profile picture of Tom
I'm not sure what you mean when you say there are two metal pieces connected to your operator. I only see one metal arm extending from the operator base. There is another, smaller arm below it, but that is just the hinge arm and is not connected to the operator. Can you please specify what you mean?
A quick learner from Woodbury says:
If you notice in the picture you have one long arm holding the window. Then underneath the long arm crossing and holding the window is a smaller arm.
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, that's what I mentioned in my previous post. That is just part of the hinge, probably something like our 36-013-10. That smaller arm underneath the long arm is not connect to the operator in any way. If you were to remove the operator from the window you would see what I mean.
A quick learner says:
So what do you have for the:

The long arm's length is about just over 12"'. However, at the end of it bends about 30 degrees and it's length is about 2" or so.
Profile picture of Tom
Did you see the 39-013 and 39-014 that I suggested back in my first post? This looks pretty similar to your hardware. Just look at how we measure the arm, which I think might be different from how you're measuring it. Do they seem to match up? For an accurate measurement, I recommend that you remove the operator from the window.
A quick learner says:
I see it. But did you look at the last attachment? Please note how recessed it is than be rounded.
A quick learner says:
here is the image again
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I recognize this. You have an older operator with the rectangular base and a screw hole in it. I'm afraid this is no longer made. However, the operators we now are the newer version and just have a different oval-shaped base. I think Tom's suggestions are the best we have, though with these older parts it's hard to say for sure. To be certain that the 39-013 and 39-014 match, you need to remove yours from the window and measure it as accurately as you can, then see how well those measurements line up to ours. You'll have to remove the wooden trim to get it off. See the video below for instructions how. The video features a different kind of operator, but the instructions on removing the wooden trim are essentially the same.
A quick learner from 55125 says:
Thanks for your help!

RT
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)