SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need new Gapco balance

A quick learner from Bolingbrook, Illinois says:
Good morning, in my house I have Gapco non tilt windows and some of them either do not move up or do not hold position and fall down. I notice in some of the windows that fall, thread has come loose and hanging around. After viewing videos and going through the discussion form, I believe that channel balance of windows have failed.

The width of the channel balance is 9/16" (1/2")' the length of the metal channel is 28"' stamping reads "a 2740"' ends are as in the pictures attached.

Please advise if this is issue if channel balance and what will be the part no. For the complete assembly. I am assuming I will need two channel balance assemblies for each window. Also please let me know the delivery time.

With my regards,

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. Looks like your top attachment is winged, while your bottom is not. Since this doesn't match any of our standard Series, your balance will have to be specially made.

Before I can work on that, though, I'll need to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
A quick learner from Bolingbrook, Illinois says:
Good morning Tom,

Thank you for reply. I have checked the bottom shoe is more close to part no. 15-002. Please let me know the price for the complete channel balance a with delivery schedule.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)