SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need new parts 2260

A home owner from Indiana says:
Our lock switch was not working so we unscrewed the handle and lost our lock down into the door. I have attached a picture of what we have. It is the 2260 series. My first question is about what part was actually broken. The 2 interior pins that stick out inside each handle are loose. Are they supposed to be loose? If they are then I just need to buy the interior piece and a new key. If they are not supposed to be loose and wobbly then I will need to get a whole new set of everything.

We first need an interior lock piece to go with. Our door is 1-3/8" thick. Which interior piece would we need?

We also don't have a key and would like to replace the key. How do we know which key will fit?

Thank you so much!
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle set.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Your handle set looks like the 82-034. However, based on what you aid in your post, you might just need the inside mortise lock. The handle lever and key cylinder should be loose. There are three different types that could go with your door. I'm not sure which is best, so you will need to measure the dimensions of the cutout in your door to be sure. Look at our 82-218, 82-226 and the 82-227. These are the standard locks that go with your handle.
A home owner from Indiana says:
Thank you so much. Looks like we need the 82-226. How do I know which new key system will fit?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The 82-034 comes with a key cylinder that works with all three mortise locks we mentioned. If you don't need to replace the handle and will be reusing it, it should also still work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)