SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need patio sliding door handles that lock with no mortise.

A quick learner from Anniston Al says:
I have 2 sliding doors that presently only have door handles the DO NOT HAVE LOCKING system The doors are Series 5500 Dual Glazed Vinyl doors, These doors were put on an outdoor building that is now being turned into an office I need to order Door Handles that will lock and the doors do not have mortise parts inside the doors either. I need to order 2 complete sets for both doors , they are white vinyl Can you suggest what to order please
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We have many varieties of hardware that match what you describe, but without knowing what you had originally I'm not sure what to recommend. Could you show us the space where this hardware is to install? Can you also give us some measurements? The most important measurements to get now I think would be the spacing between the installation holes for each part. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not from their edges. Thanks!
A home owner from Anniston Al says:
pics attached
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
A home owner from Anniston Al says:
additional pic
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure exactly what to recommend but h ere are a few suggestions for hardware used with some similar types of vinyl patio doors. Start by looking at our 82-035 handle set or 82-074 handle set with key. Also look at our 82-218 mortise lock and 89-020 keeper. Carefully compare these parts to your patio door and dimensions, especially the hole spacing in the door and the jamb where the keeper would be installed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)