SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need pella keeper

A home owner from Highland Village TX says:
Hi

I have removed a pet insert that was glued into the left frame of my pella sliding patio door. The door never closed before and after removal I can see that there probably once was a keeper for the lock. I was not able to find the model of the sliding door and hope someone can help me to find the right keeper to buy so I can lock the door again
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Based on your picture, I would recommend our 89-029. However, I recommend match up the whole spacing on this part to the hole spacing on your door. Could this fit?
A home owner says:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the recommendation. I notice this is for a Viking, do you think they are compatible with Pella? What about the Pella 89-039? I will need to check the measurements when I am back at home.

Best regards,

Ralph
A home owner says:
I think the 89-029 could match. Looks very close in term of measurements. Will let you know once I get it, if it worked
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Ralph, let us know! As for if it can work for Pella, I actually don't think you have a Pella glass sliding door. Pella glass sliding door hardware is very particular, and your hardware appears to be off-brand. I would double check to make sure you have the right manufacturer.
A home owner says:
I was trying to locate some information and indeed the glass does not show anything about Pella. The handyman who was recently doing the pet insert removal stated it is a Pella and the handle also shows Pella...but maybe this is indeed some customisation. Crossing fingers that this keeper will work :-)
A home owner says:
Hi Paul

It matches perfectly and now I can finally lock my patio door.

Thanks again

Ralph
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You're welcome! I'm glad to hear it worked out.
A professional from CA says:
Pella purchased and branded this model of vinyl door. It is not their design, but it is a Pella branded door. I have been to their showroom and saw this model there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)