SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need replacement Traco sliding door handle, lock and locking mechanism

A home owner from Saint Petersburg, Florida says:
I need to purchase a replacement handle, lock, and internal locking mechanism for a white Traco sliding door to a condo patio. The door is hurricane rated, I think, since it was installed by a condo builder on a balcony facing the water in Florida. Installation date was around late 2004/early 2005. Do you have the parts and can I purchase them?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think you should consider either our 82-073 or 82-074, depending on the thickness of your door. Review this hardware and let me know your thoughts.
A quick learner from St. Pete says:
The whole width of the door is 12cm, and the outside lip is 9 cm. Pictures attached. Does that indicate which of those two options would work better?
A home owner from St. Pete says:
Also, is there a set that does not include the key feature. Just a straight inside lock since this is for a balcony?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
9cm equates to approximately 3-1/2". That is extraordinarily thick for a patio door. Are you measuring just the thickness of the door? You mention a lip, but I can't tell if it extends from the door or if that really is how thick it is.

Our 82-069 may also work for you. It does not have a key lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)