SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need replacement casement hinges

A handy person from Pawleys Island, SC says:

My casement hinges have rusted parts. The hinges are Roto HG04-2000.

Enclosed are two photos. One photo shows the rusted hinge. The second photo show a hinge that still works.

Can you help??

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 36-013-10 hinge set. They are not Roto hinges, but these are the ones we use. Could they work for you? You may also want to see our video on how to replace them.
A quick learner from Minnesota says:
I have the same exact hinges. I looked at the 36-013-10 and that particular hinge is longer than the Roto HG04-2000. Is it ok if the new hinges are longer than the previous hinges? Will that affect the opening and shutting of the windows? Or will it be ok because I replaced both portions of the hinge?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It would depend on a couple factors. First, what part of the hinge is longer? Also, exactly how much longer are they compared to our 36-013-10?
A quick learner from Minnesota says:
The part labeled HG04-2008 is 6 1/4" when yours is a little less then 8" I am talking about the part of the hinge that is attached to the window itself.
User submitted photo of their window hinge.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I recognize this. Yes, this is an old type of hinge that isn't made anymore. I would personally use our 36-013-10. Your old one is smaller, yes, but I think if you replace both hinges at once it won't make much of a difference in the window's operation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)