Need replacement parts - sliding glass door

A home owner from Arizona says:
Hello,
Our sliding glass door handle no longer functions (locks).

I have attached several photos:
The first 2 are the outside handle
The following two are the inside handle
The last is the actual locking mechanism

The outside handle has no markings
The inside handle I believe have the following 919213
Lastly I believe the locking mechanism states
Canadian Patent 919213 patented 1973
The other side states Patent No 3.596.954

I believe the locking mechanism is the 82-225

I cannot tell what is wrong but the locking arm moves freely and not sure there should be a spring which helps keep in place. The inside handle has an "l" shaped arm as the item which turns the locking mechanism

Can you please take a look as I need to get these parts

Thank you
Rick
Sliding door handle
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the locking mechanism is similar to our 82-225. I would just make sure the dimensions all match up. If it's not working, it's possible the spring inside is shot, like you surmised.
A quick learner from Scottsdale,AZ says:
I spoke to Ben yesterday and I mentioned the part we originally looked at 82-225 may not be the part as 82-225 has a handle with a black nob on one of the sides which my part does not have.

In speaking with Ben he discussed our dilemma with another person and they recommended part 82-005. I am a little skeptical as my locking mechanism actually inserts into the door itself.

If you look at the first image, this is our door where the locking mechanism is inserted.

The second picture is the piece where the locking mechanism clicks into, then those two pieces gets screwed into the door and the handles are attached.

The third picture is the two peices actually inserted.

If you can please let me know as soon as possible as we do not have a good way to lock our door. We have been inserting a dowel in the tracks.

Thank you for all your help.

Rick
Sliding glass door lock
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, this is actually a huge help. I didn't realize that was an incomplete mortise lock. See our 82-033, which works with mortise locks, and either our 82-214 or 82-211 lock depending on what size you have.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-033 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.