SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need replacement sliding glass door handle set with lock

A home owner from Austin, TX says:
I am trying to find a glass sliding door clamp handle set with lock on your website that looks and works like the one in the photo I attached. I measured the existing screw holes center to center and they are 14-15/16" apart. from looking at your website it appears the "SURFACE MOUNT SLIDING DOOR HANDLE ASSEMBLY, 4-15/16" Part 82-005 may work, but then do I need to order the lock part 82-306 separately? Please advise me what I need to order to get the complete handle set as I am replacing entirely what was there.
User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jaime. I recommend our 82-033, this looks to be a closer match. The 82-005 is a surface mount type handle set, while yours appears to be the type that uses a mortise lock. I would just triple check your hole spacing.
A home owner from Austin, TX says:
I am still not sure what to order. I remeasured the holes and they are 4 14/16" apart. I took another photo of all the pieces hoping you can tell me exactly what you think will work. I do want a key lock for the outside handle.
Thank you,
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe you could have an older model Peachtree patio door. They used to have a version of the 82-033 that Tom recommended, but with a different hole spacing like yours.

It's hard to say just looking at your photos, but you might just need to replace the outside handle with our 82-306 keyed pull. It comes with different hole patterns to accommodate various handles. If you do need the complete handle set, then you would have to order the 82-033 and redrill for the different hole centers.
A professional from CA says:
Without replacing the entire handle, 82-230, 82-231, or 82-237 may be required. Without the little washer type part, the lever doesn't work properly. The rest looks useable.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)