SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need replacement weatherstrip for my windows

A home owner from Hunt. Beach, Ca. says:
My Item 55-170 Weatherseal, Malta is not the right size for my windows and I need some advice for the correct size. The part that goes up into the window slot or groove is too long and I need one that is 3/16th of an inch. The current order is too long to fit in the groove. I can't find this size on the web site but I'm sure you likely have it. Could you advise me? Also, need the color white rather than tan.
Thank you so much for your help in getting the right size/color and in returning this order.
User submitted photo of their snap-in Malta glazing.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting and submitting your pictures to us.

Have you taken a look at the 55-170 Malta Weatherseal?
A home owner from Huntington Bch, Ca. says:
Yes, 55-170 is what you folks already sent me (see above note) but the stem that sticks up into the window groove is a bit too long and won't hold. Got any suggestions?
Thank you.

RMc
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Is it possible to cut the leg? We don't have many weatherstrips with that shape, and I'm not sure how well others would do. If you're interested, though, please take a look at our 55-169, which has a shorter leg.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)