Need sash balance

A handy person from Oxford, OH says:
I have attached a picture of what I believe is an Anderson window. So I am looking for some guidance to determine the correct part. Can you tell me how to find the sash balance for this window without taking it apart first? I just need one (right side from the inside view).

Saul
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I've received your picture, but I'm afraid it does not tell me what balance you have. Seeing the numbers printed on the balance box itself is the best way to identify a match, but we understand if you don't want to undertake this project just yet. The only other method is to give us the width and height of the visible glass for the sash that needs to be replaced. Please note that this method isn't the most reliable, and so we cannot guarantee that any suggestion we make will work.

I'm sorry we can't offer an easier method. They definitely did not design these windows with the idea that replacing the balances would be easy, likely because they'd rather you just replace the whole window.
A quick learner from Oxford, OH says:
I was thinking that I would have to find the balance number. I will wait for a warmer day and do that. Thank you.
A quick learner says:
I have some numbers I just found when I removed the hardware. Hopefully, this will help you see if you can find something that will match this number. It is 11600-3. Any additional information is always appreciated. Thank you
A quick learner from Oxford, OH says:
I measured the visible glass and it looks like 32 7/16 wide and about 49 1/4 high. I took the sash balance out and it is marked with 11600-3.

I just need the right one (looking from the inside). Or should I replace both while I have the window apart?

can you suggest a part for this replacement?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid that stamp doesn't tell us what you have. There should be other stamps printed on the box surface, and we will need to see each one. If you take pictures of each stamp, we will be better able to find what you need.

Can you confirm that the 49-1/4" measurement is just for the glass for one sash? That is very high.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.