Need sliding screen door handle with lock

A home owner from Illinois says:
My door is 30 years old and there are no markings on the HW. It is currently hanging on by the spring and lever. I watched your utube video and I think that 83-002 handle might suite my purposes. I am conderned about the width of my frame. My frame is 2", but the flat part is 1 3/4" where the handle will rest flat and the spring mechanism will need to reach. I dont mind drilling new holes to attach the handle onto the frame. My old handle had rivets holding it onto the lip of the frame which isnt very sturdy, and they broke off as you can see.
Please advise.
User submitted photos of a screen door latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Can you tell me what the distance is between the two screw holes, center-to-center? That will help us find a better match.
A home owner from Illinois says:
They are not screw holes, but rivets that are 2 3/4" apart (center to center). The handle was mounted on the inside edge of the door with rivets that eventually broke off. I dont think that another handle mounted this way is acceptable. My plan was to drill new holes.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. If you are drilling new holes, you could consider our 83-003. Check it out and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.