Need some help.

A quick learner from Columbia Maryland says:
2 sizes. 1) 18 7/8 with stamp 1840Z. 2) 28 1/2 stamped 1830Z
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you confirm the metal channel length for both balances? These usually end on the inch. In both cases I believe you have the Series 371 channel balance. If your balance lengths are accurate, they will need to be custom made. Let me know!
A quick learner from Columbia MD says:
Thanks for getting back to me. The smaller one is 19 with a stamp 1840 Z. I remeasured the larger one. It is closer to 28 5/8 with stamp 2830 Z. I found a sticker in one of the windows that are over 30 years old. I couldn't read all of it but it looked AA-- Sponsored series2500 . mst a676? I was guessing it would be 29 inch because of the 2830 stamp. Would 3/8 of an inch cause a problem? Thanks
A quick learner from Columbia Maryland says:
Thanks for getting back to me. I agree the smaller one is 18 7/8 with a stamp 1840 Z. The larger one is 28 5/8 inches long with a 2'830 Z stamp. So Should l order the 371-19 , 1840. And the 371-29, 2830? Would 3/8 of an inch make a big difference?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have a Rollyson window. Why some of their balance are cut down, I don't know. You would think they would make them standard like other window companies. That said, you can try a full inch for the S371-29 (2830 option). I also think the S371-19 (1840) should be fine.
A quick learner from Columbia MD says:
Sounds like a plan,thank you. Should I try just one or order all 16. Can I return if they don't work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It's up to you! You can return the hardware if it doesn't work. See our return policy for more information.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.