SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need tilt out spiral balances that fit in nylon shoe

A handy person from Safety Harbor, Florida says:
I need two 3/8" by 18" spiral balances for a tilt out window. The spiral end slips into the nylon shoe, unlike the ones shown at your site. The shoe is 1/2" wide at the slide and 1 3/16" long. I attempted to attach pictures of the balance. Thanks, Bob
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Bob,
I will email you a custom ordering link for the balances shortly. As for the plastic fitting, these are sold separately, see SWISCO product code 17-059.
A handy person from Port St Lucie, FL says:
I need to purchase several 3/8" spiral balancing rods that fit the plastic nylon shoe (SWISCO #17-059) as shown above....Please advise???? Thank you in advance
Profile picture of Donna
I would be happy to! I just need to know the length of the balance tube and the quantity you wish to purchase.
A handy person from Port St Lucie, FL says:
2-17"
4-45"
2-19"
2-18"
Profile picture of Donna
Hi Bob, I will email you custom ordering link for the needed balances with the exception of the 45", this balance is not available in a 45" length. Check that 45" length balance again, I hope it was just a typo.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)