SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need tilt window help

A quick learner from Tennessee says:
I need window help, and I don't know where to start. So I'm starting with Swisco.

What do you have that would make my windows like new?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. The tilt bar looks like our 26-238 while the pivot shoe looks like our 15-208. Carefully look these parts over to confirm that they match.

The balance system looks like something unique, however. I'm reminded of our S770-34, but with a 62-105 hook attached to the cord at the bottom. Does that look like it matches your configuration? If so, we can custom make this for you. Before we can go further, can you just tell me what number is stamped on the balance's metal channel? Can you also tell me how many you need?
A quick learner from Murfreesboro, Tn says:
Channel #33B. I have 3 windows with issues. However, the 3rd winow will not open. I've tried many times. I unlock & it won't budge. How can I get this window open safely to check it?
Thank you for your help.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Can you confirm the length of your metal channel? A 33B stamp usually indicates a length of 33", but your picture above shows a length of 34".

As for the one sash that won't budge, I recommend that you just slightly tilt the sash in about one inch. Don't go any further than that, or you will break the frame. Once you've tilted it in an inch, try to raise it. Sometimes the center metal cam gets stuck.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)