SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need to Identify which BSF window block and tackle channel balance replacements are required

A home owner from Texas says:
Looking to replace some BSF window Block and tackle channel balances.

Description:
metal channel is 28" long and 9/16" w x 1/2 " d
only stamp I found said "27-6"

Thanks for your help.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. Looks like your top attachment is winged, while your bottom is not. Since this doesn't match any of our standard Series, your balance will have to be specially made.

Before I can work on that, though, I'll need to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
15-001 and 15-002
Thank you Tom.

The bottom shoe is closer to the 15-001.

Referencing the diagram the height is 1 1/16 "
the width is 1 3/16"
the depth is 1/2 "

Is there a std balance which may work well even those one of the end pieces is not exact to mine?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... we don't have anything with those exact dimensions. Like you said, I think our 15-001 is the closest match. The most important thing is the 1-1/8" dimension, though. For you, is that 1-1/16" or 1-3/16"?
I apologize. I read the scale wrong for the width. The width dimension is actually 1-3/32" (not 1-3/16") and it does correspond to the 1-1/8" dimension you inquired about. The other two dimensions are correct as mentioned before.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)