SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need to choose drawer slide replacement kit for dresser

A handy person from South Salem, NY says:
Hi there,
I have a dresser which originally had a ball bearings metal drawer slide. I want to replace it all, as it is completely non functional now - when you pull the drawer out to get your clothes it just falls to the floor. The drawer box itself is fine.

I sent you three pictures. Number 664 shows the back of the drawer itself where the slide was attached; note the ridged rim and cutout to make room for the hardware to attach. THe current hardware wraps around to the back of the drawer.
Number 665 shows the inside of the dresser with the track sitting on a sort of wooden ledge. Number 662 shows where the hardware on the bottom of the drawer is screwed to the drawer front.

I was planning on ordering the Swis Co 32 063 COmplete Draer track kit, but worry that the plastic thing that attaches to the drawer itself will not sit properly when attached because of the ridged rim on the bottom back of the drawer. Should I choose another kit or try to make the cutout wider? If so, what kind of wood cutting instrument and technique would I use to make the cutout wide enough?

Thanks a million for your help!

User submitted image of their drawer and cabinet hardware.
A handy person from South Salem, NY says:
And one more question if you dont mind! In preparation I have tried and failed to remove the interior ledges that the drawers sit on, as noted in your video. I can't find any screws or brackets. How do you do this? Is there a special tool? Thanks so much!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience. You will need to cut that notch at the back of the drawer a little wider to mount the nylon bracket. You have a cut out now for the metal bracket, but it has to be wider for the new bracket. As for the interior ledges, I'm not quite sure what it is you're describing. You might not need to remove whatever it is. The 32-063 is a very simple and flexible track kit. With a little work to accommodate it I think it should work. If you want, you can send us some photos of the piece in question for us to take a look at.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)