SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need to find 4 wheels for my sliding door

A home owner from Jupiter says:
I do not have make or model of my sliding doors but my house is 12 yrs old. Home Depot did not carry them. Can you help me?
User submitted photo of their door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we can help, yes, but your pictures only show the inner portion. There should be an outer housing still installed in the door. Can you show us a picture of the whole unit together, both the inner portion and outer housing? Thanks!
I could not get the other part out of the door. It seems to be larger then the door? Can you still help me? Thank you. Sandy
User submitted photo of their door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for this extra picture! That may be enough. See our 81-061 roller assembly. I think that might be the match you want. To remove the outside housing, you need to spread the patio door rail a little to release the locking notches on the outside wheel housing.
I think what you showed me might work. The only thing that concerns me is your 3/4" side is a bit thicker then the picture I sent you. Mine shows 1/2". If I order 4 and they do not fit can I send them back? Thank you. Sandy
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Sandy. I've been unable to find your style roller with a 1/2" thickness. The 81-061 may still work for you, but I cannot guarantee it. Should it be too big, you can return them, yes. See our return policy for more information.
A professional from California says:
The 1/2" measurement is irrelevant. That is the inside part. You need to compare the part that is inside your door rail. Without removing it, an - !approximate! - measurement would be the outside width of your bottom rail (without the side rail covering it) minus 1/8". At some point the bottom rail will have to be removed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)