SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need to replace complete crank operator?

A home owner from Cranford, NJ says:
Hello, I have a casement window that uses the Truth Hardware Entrygard Dyad Operator (SWISCO product code 39-036). Recently the handle unscrewed from the operator with a piece of the operator intact (see pic attached). I understand that I can remove this piece from the handle by loosening the screw on the back of the handle. What I don't understand is if I need to purchase 39-036 to resolve this issue, or if there is a different part that I can buy to reattach the handle back to the operator? Thanks for your assistance!
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm afraid you will need a new operator. That corkscrew-shaped worm gear you show is not meant to come out. It's usually a sign of the gears being stripped out, but in all cases it cannot be repaired.
A home owner from Cranford, NJ says:
Thank you for the prompt reply, Tom!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
My pleasure. Sorry we didn't have better news. If you ever need anything else, I'm always here to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)