SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need white tip for my balance, but that's not available

A home owner from USA says:
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to replace my window balance, I searched through your website and try to select the right balance. When I get to the following step:

It gives me three options: Green tip, Red tip and Yellow tip. But the broken balance from my window seems has a white tip (please see the attached image).

Any suggestions?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jack. I didn't receive your image, but I think I can still help. Some old manufacturers used the White Tip color option differently than how they're used today. The White Tip for older balances is likely representative of a different spring strength than newer balances. I recommend weighing your sash on a scale and referring to the chart on our S900-29 store page. I'm confident one of our standard modern options will work just as well for you.
A home owner says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will weight my sash and make a selection from your site.

My best!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)