SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Need window parts and replacement instructions

A quick learner from Cincinnati Ohio says:
Please send me a parts list and replacement instructions for this window.

There are no stamps or markings of any kind on these windows.

Thank you.

regards,
rick h
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Rick. I'll go through each part one at a time.

The tilt latch resembles our 26-263 and 26-264, though it's difficult to be sure since the "tooth" on yours is broken. It looks like the curve on the tooth will be important, so if possible I'd like to see an undamaged version of this latch so that I can confirm if the 26-263 and 26-264 have the right kind.

For the pivot bar, I'm reminded of our 25-040. This looks pretty close, though again without seeing an undamaged version there's no way to confirm. See how well the dimensions match up.

The pivot shoe looks broken, though the rest of the balance system appears fine. The great part about coil balance systems is that you only need to replace the broken bits; there's no reason to swap the whole thing out. See our 15-175 and carefully compare our dimensions to yours to confirm that they're the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)