SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

New-Pro Casement Window Cranks?

A home owner from Massachusetts says:
Happy Labor Day Week End
Do you supply New Pro Window Cranks.

A few of our NewPro Casement Windows will not open. I believe it is the "handle part", as I believe the mechanism and arms all work. Is it best to replace the entire unit? I pulled out a crank and these are the numbers.

On the base of the crank unit. It has 7 screw holes; but only 5 screws are used 2 on each side and one in the middle. The unit measures; The Back length:4 1/2 the width: 2 1/8 the FRONT Length is 4 15/16

On the base: Left Side there is # 5 on the right side there is #45179

The Arms: One long arm (9 1/4" from the center point of the gear) says on the top ENTRYGUARD on the "underside is #40754"

The other has two arms. The first one is "S" shaped, on the top is "R" on the "underside is #31538".
The other arm (4 3/8 total length) is hinged to the "S" shape and has the clip to the window and on the "*TOP is #208109"*.

The underside of the entire unit is: US Pat. 4241541, Canada 350432
Pat. 1982
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I would start by looking at our 39-031 and 39-032 and comparing them to your own hardware. Let me know if you agree!
A quick learner from MASS says:
At first I could not get the arms to move in the direction that your pictures looked like. Maybe that is why they are broken. All of the measurements are correct so I am going to order one of the units to see if it fits. I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)