New balance is broken

A quick learner from Apollo Beach, FL says:
Hi, I spoke w a representative from your Company last week and we identified the parts I needed to replace on my window, new channel balances S350-36 (3550). They arrived and I followed your video instructions on how to remove the old ones. I then followed the instructions on how to install the new ones, however the left one did not catch as it should have when I attempted to slide the window down in place and suddenly the brand new right one I'd just installed sprung up full force and the plastic piece cracked right off! I'm so frustrated. I tried installing one of the old ones in its place (the better of the 2) but now, though the new one on the is catching fine, the right one is still sticking up by about 2 inches. Please advise.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks like your top sash guide is broken. Check out our video on what to do in this situation. You can see our selection of top sash guides here.
A quick learner from Apollo Beach, FL says:
Ok, can you tell me what kind of sash guides I need for this kind of channel balance that I ordered? And once I get the sash guides on will it work in the condition that that the old one is in? I'm so frustrated because I just spent $25 on 2 brand new channel balances from you guys and just as I was installing them the one on the right flew up and broke (the plastic piece at the top came right off as you can see in the photo) so now I'm left with one new and one old that's got a plastic piece chipped off.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid there's no way to know what top sash guide you have based on the information we have now. You can browse through the section I linked to in my previous post to find a match, or you can remove an undamaged one from the window and show us a few pictures of it. We would also need detailed measurements.

I'm sorry for the confusion. However, looking at your first discussion from the beginning of this month, we linked that same top sash guide video I sent above, and I recommended that you look it over. Did you get a chance to watch it?
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.