New balance won't hold the sash

A quick learner from Hayward, CA says:
To Whom it May Concern,

I have ordered the below part.
33" Series 385 Channel Balance Option 3220 (13lb to 18lb)

But when i installed it, the Window doesn't hold its position appropriately.
I already weighed the window, and it holds a 12.1lb.

Two question:
Can i return the one i already bought? (Option 3220)
Which option should i get to make sure my window holds its position while going Up or Down?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you can return the S385-33 you purchased any time you wish. If your sash weighs only 12 pounds, then I would recommend the 3210 option. We have a detailed chart on the S385-33 store page that tells you how much weight each option can support.
A home owner from Hayward says:
This is the picture of the defective sash.
It says 32 9 AX CMC 1.
Can you just double check if it is the S383-33 3210 option?
I need to order 4 units.

Thank you!
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
The stamp you have, "32 9," is an out dated stamp that no manufacturer uses anymore. The only way at this point to confirm what option is best for you is to weigh your sash. You mentioned that you did and that it's 12.1 pounds. If it is, then I think our 3210 option is the best way to go.
A quick learner from Hayward says:
What i am afraid is to make another mistake again.
I ordered originally the Option 3220 (13lb to 18lb) for a 12lb Window, and it still wont hold.
Could i do like the 3240, and the Windows would just be more tight going up or down?
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I see what you mean. You're saying the window drifted down. When you said the sash didn't hold it's position, I assumed that it was drifting up since the spring strength was stronger than the weight of the sash.

If the 3220 was not strong enough to hold your sash weight up, then I do not think that your sash weighs 12.1 pounds. It is probably heavier. That's the only explanation for why a balance would not be able to keep it up. I would make sure to check the weight again.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.