SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

New screens

A quick learner from Lebanon, NJ says:
Hi,

I have 3150 single hung sheet rock windows and looking to get new screens, since the screens currently in the windows are slightly smaller than the size we should have.

The previous owner never changed them.
Current size is 32 1/2 (width) X 28 1/2 (Height) but based on my measurements and what your site calculates, they should be 32 9/6 X 28 5/16.

This explains why they are slightly lose when in the window.

Kindly let us know if you have screens for this window type and this measurement.

I appreciate your help on this.

Best,
Christopher
User submitted photos of a window screen.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Christopher. It's tough to say. You might have Patriot windows, in which case you could also be missing the 70-123 side screen clips. That would make the screens loose.
A quick learner from Lebanon NJ says:
I believe they are definitely 3150 single hung sheet rock Windows because there was a label on one of them.

Most screens in my home have clips on the screens but they are still loose.

I was going to re-screen the ones I have but I'm not happy that they are all slightly loose. Would rather find the proper screen and buy all new ones.

Do you not think Swisco screens would fit my windows?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's possible, but it will depend on your window size. Our FlexScreens aren't based on the old screen size, but a very specific window measurement. I recommend looking through our FlexScreen section to determine if you could get these to work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)