New window balances

A quick learner from Texas says:
attached are photos of the window and balances. Please let me know your thoughts when you have time. Thank you!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Based on your pictures, I think you have our Series 795 channel balance. However, there are two important details you should confirm. Our default Series 795 balance comes with a 1-1/4" wide 15-195 shoe on the bottom and a screw-on clip at the top. However, some older variations of this balance come with the smaller 1" wide 15-194 shoe and a hook at the top, rather than a screw-on clip. Can you confirm what you have on your balance? If you have the older version, it will have to be custom made.
A quick learner from Bulverde, Texas says:
Hi Paul,

It this what you're referring to? It looks like we have the clip version. Do you know roughly what it costs to custom make a balance? I just don't want to pay more than it would cost to replace the window. I really only need one but thought it might be better to replace them both at the same time.

Thanks so much!

Brandy
User submitted photos of a take out clip.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I suspected as much. Don't worry, the price won't increase too much for a custom order. It certainly won't be anywhere near the cost of a new window!

I think it would be best to replace both. That's what we usually recommend. That way, the new balance won't have to work extra hard to pick up the older balance's slack. I would be happy to send you an order form and price quote, but first I just need to know what size shoe you have. It should be either 1" wide or 1-1/4" wide.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.