No holes in Andersen balance.

A quick learner from Douglassville, Pa. says:
This balancer ( 24-737 ) does not seem to have the holes required to attach the upper plastic cover.
Is this a problem ? The current balancer has two counter sunk holes about 3.5 inches from
the cord end. I need to order about 16 of these and would like to know what I
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at the video below, which shows how we install our Andersen balances. This should help.
A quick learner from Douglassville, Pa says:
You'll notice the replacement balancer does not have the 2 holes for the liners screws. I assume they will not be
used.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For windows made before 1980, you might have to cut a notch in the head jamb for the balance tab. There is more information regarding this in the instructions that come with our balances. You can use the screws provided to screw the tab to the jamb, then reinstall the head jamb liner and secure with the previously removed screws. Hope this clarifies this for you.
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.