SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Non-Tilt Window > 1/2" Width- Finding the right combination.

A home owner from USA says:
Good Evening,

I am attempting to replace the channel balances on my windows. The manufacturer went out of business, but the home builder referred us to you. I have searched your website and found the most likely candidate for my windows would be the 1/2" channel balance series 385, 34" long, option # 3330.

My issue with deciding which is correct is confused by the fact that the original equipment has what appears to be the 19-005 top attached and the 15-002 lower shoe attached. None of your options match that configuration.

Your pre-made units have the 19-005 top caps and the 15-004 (series 385) lower shoes. I don't know if this will affect anything (the additional wings on the bottom shoe), but it does not match my current configuration from the factory.

To clarify...the top of the 34" long 1/2" wide channel balance has wings on the top, but not on the bottom shoe. I know the bottom shoe is 1 3/32" wide, which matches the dimensions of the 15-004 without the wings.

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide in this matter. Please feel free to contact me for any clarification.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Clint. No, that's not a standard configuration, but we can custom make it for you anyway. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)